Almost three quarters of adults in Tayside have now had at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
In total, NHS Tayside’s vaccination teams have delivered more than 450,000 vaccines to adults across Tayside, with more than 257,000 receiving at least one jab.
This means that 73% of those eligible have had their first vaccination and 55% – 193,000 people – have had both doses.
30-39-year-olds and second doses update
- We are currently vaccinating those aged 30-39, as well as delivering second doses.
- Almost 54% of those eligible in the 30-39 age group have already been vaccinated in Tayside.
- The rest of the 30-39-year-olds are due to get their jabs next week as planned and in line with national timescales.
- There are sufficient stocks of both Pfizer and Astra Zeneca vaccines in Tayside.
- Clinics in Tayside have been running at maximum capacity for two weeks to bring forward second vaccinations in line with the recent updated guidance from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) to prioritise second doses.
- The progress made so far means that, from the end of June, people can receive their second dose at eight weeks as per the JCVI guidance.
- The NHS Tayside vaccination programme will complete all second doses by mid September.
Under 30s update
- Those under 30 who have registered on the national portal will be vaccinated from the week beginning 21 June, with all over 18s to have been offered a vaccination by mid July – ahead of the original timescale of end of July.
- The registration period for those aged between 18 and 29 on the national portal has been extended until 8pm on Friday, 11 June. You can do this online at nhsinform.scot/under30register or by calling 0800 030 8013.